Friday, November 2, 2012

Fresh Eggs

Have you ever had fresh eggs? 

Not just the grocery store bought ones. If you have a friend who has chickens beg for some eggs. If you ever have the opportunity to buy fresh pasture raised chicken eggs jump on it.

I have dedicated myself to finding higher quality ingredients. Knowing where my food comes from is important to me now. I try to find quality local eggs whenever possible.

I have never been an egg lover. I would gladly trade a meal with eggs for one with just bread for breakfast. But then I discovered the difference real quality eggs make. They taste so much different. They really pack the flavor.

Plus the kicker… I find eggs help me lose weight. For a few months I’ve been having eggs often, like one or so a day. The verdict, it works. It helps me stay full longer if I eat eggs in the morning. Also I just had my cholesterol tested. My family has a history of high cholesterol and mine tends to be high. Well turns out mine went down to 220. The reason it is even that high is that my GOOD (LDL) cholesterol is now a high 130. My triglycerides were also lower than my last test and in the normal range.

YAY for eggs!

For a few interesting articles on eggs, follow the links below...






No comments:

Post a Comment